Monday, March 28, 2016

Daisy Chain Spring Garden Set + Backgrounds

An antique Victorian embroidery pattern is the basis for this new set.

This blog post's entire contents have copyrights. Please respect the rights of every artist whose work has made this project possible. Guidelines are located at the foot of the post. Thank you.

Did I mention before how much I love to garden? Or that I enjoy almost every color of green that nature shows me? Or that I also like a good, deep, earthy chocolate brown color as well? (I know that most of you would already know how very much I like antiques!)

I've combined all of those fun things into one set. This time, the pocket (or pouch) has a whole new shape for guests to play with. I chose not to make any of the basis for it look too perfect, as I really like that old fashioned appeal as well. Despite its Victorian charm, I confess that I have added just a touch of Art Deco appeal for the fun of it, as you will see in the first image (Example display) below.

Please observe the red letter Guidelines to this post, found underneath the last image shown in the post. Thank you.

This took a lot of work. The initial image had a few quality issues, and needed to be remade entirely before it would fit the idea I kept having.

For the background pattern, as well as for the main trim, I used a copyrighted digital brush set by MelsBrushes (to find the site, guests can follow the link HERE). 

The new pouch shape comes in 2 parts, with one base and one top. Both have flaps. (I guess we could even say that even my pocket flap has its own flap! LOL) These will naturally need to be folded under prior to gluing to the chosen surface. The buckle was added to the opening cover or top bit in order to simplify the construction process for you, but I have also included the same buckle separately with accessories. 

July 2017 Update: My thanks to All Free paper Crafts (just click on their badge, upper left of this blog to see what else they feature) for promoting this set of downloads. 
:)

The Backgrounds come 4 ways this time. The chocolate brown one comes with either white or green daisies and the green one comes with either brown or white daisies. All of it is meant to follow the same theme and to mix and match or contrast. 

I could easily see one of the 4 Backgrounds being used for a lining to the new Pouch style Pocket. Also, I could see this set used with other sets from elsewhere.

Actually, I could even see a tiny hand bag being sewn using both pouch parts, but printed onto an iron on fusible material of some sort. The reverse side of such a little bag could be one of the backgrounds below. It might look really cute! If anyone chooses to try such an idea, I do hope that they will let me all know about it so that I can add their pictures here. That would be a lot of fun for me!
:)

Happy Spring and Thank You for stopping by with your~
Happy Creativity!


PPS™ Spring Garden Collection: Daisy Chain
Example:



Download pouch or Pocket Top HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download pouch or Pocket Base HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Accessory Set HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Background 1 HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Background 2 HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Background 3 HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Background 4 HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



This set is copyrighted 2 ways.
You are free to: use the items shown here in
this Daisy Chain Set in art or craft projects
which may be either given or sold.
If you sell any finished project that includes
any of the items in this set,
copyright law dictates that credit must be given to both www.plushpossumstudio.blogspot.com
and
www.melsbrushes.co.uk 
You are not free to: ever sell any of the items shown here
for any reason, either as is or in any sets
(digital or already printed) made by you,
even if you build on any of my designs.
Thank you for helping me to keep free things free!

4 comments:

Dorthe said...

The new set is wonderful, -so lovely strips, and buttons.thank you for offering so many detailed down loads always- I love the fresh green tones !!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Thank you, Dorthe! I love both green and chocolate brown colors. green would be my especial favorite!!!
:)

Shoshi said...

Lovely papers - great designs and colour scheme.

Thank you for your lovely comment - I am now fully recovered and can only think it was a 24-hour minor inner ear infection or something like that. Horrible while it lasted but soon over! Phoebe's bloods came back normal, and the vet has increased her dose slightly and we'll see how she gets on. You are right, she does get very distressed after each seizure and I just cuddle her and love her till she feels secure again.

The decorating is now finished and I am thrilled with how it came out - seeing my vision becoming a reality is marvellous and it couldn't be better. You are correct in your dating of the design - I adapted an Art Deco border pattern, which is entirely in keeping with our room with its genuine Art Deco fireplace - the house was built in 1925. We still have a few things to bring back in but we are using it again and loving the new uncluttered feel.

Shoshi

Plush Possum Studio said...

Hi Shoshi!
Good news about the dizzy spells! Thanks for the update! You take such good cuddly care of your kitty. It makes me smile to see that.
Aha! So I was correct regarding the pretty wall design. Very deco and the color--!!!! Well, you already know that I like the color orange LOL.
I find it interesting that you've adapted a deco design for your home at about the same time that I have adapted a Victorian design to go deco!!! LOL And that you have chosen this design to add a comment to is, for me, icing on the cake.
:) Have a happy day!
~Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...